Are you passionate about making a difference and having your say in shaping the future of female youth rugby union on the Gold Coast?
Are you interested in developing your leadership skills, while learning about the behind-the-scenes operations of Rugby Administration?
Do you want an opportunity to learn what it takes to have a career in sport?
The youth of today will be making their mark in the future of rugby union with Australia hosting the 2027 Rugby World Cup, 2029 Women’s Rugby World Cup and the 2032 Olympics.
Now is the time to start developing your skill set and gaining experience to create your future pathways.
Gold Coast District Rugby Union (GCDRU) are looking for 10 to 12 passionate female youth (aged between 14 to 18 years old) to support and co-design the establishment of a Youth Advisory Committee.
The aim is to work with selected youth to co-design the Youth Advisory Committee and develop the 2024 GCDRU female youth rugby calendar, ensuring it has a meaningful and impactful foundation that works for our players.
We know our youth have vital insights, knowledge and experiences that will be invaluable to creating greater opportunities for our community and developing the future of female rugby union.
What we are looking for:
- Diverse group of young people
- Mixture of school and club representation
- Range of involvement and experiences in rugby union
- Leadership experience
- Great communicator
- Mixture of both rugby 7’s and XV backgrounds
Selected youth will be expected to provide and share their experiences and knowledge, contribute towards set tasks created through meetings, and work collaboratively with all members of the group and other stakeholders as required. You will be expected to meet quarterly to complete the following objectives below in collaboration with GCDRU.
- Co-design the Terms of reference including key roles and responsibilities with GCDRU for the Youth Advisory Committee.
- Establish how the group would like to operate, including engaging with other young people and stakeholders.
- Identify key areas within the rugby community for improvements or where greater opportunities could occur for young people moving forward.
- Create a work plan for the youth advisory committee, including a meeting schedule that can accommodate all members.
- Develop a plan for both rugby 7’s and XV a side rugby If this sounds like something you would be interested in being a part of, please fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/232888196420060
Expression of interest will be open until Friday 10th November 2023. If you have any questions please feel free to email Kahli.email@example.com